Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Guilt

I feel a tiny bit of guilt.

You see, I was suppose to run 4 miles this afternoon.
But, it let loose at 11 ish this morning and has not let up.
Rain, thunder, lightening- the whole enchilada.
So, unfortunately, I could not run.

I knew I had the option of the treadmill at the Y, but after
the NYC treadmill disaster, I swore off machines for the rest of my training.

So this afternoon, I was browsing the web and a news story popped up--

One of the Chilean miners, Edison Pena, who was stuck in the collapsed mine for 69 days, ran THREE to SIX MILES in DARKNESS EVERY DAY and is now planning on running in the New York City Marathon. Check out the whole article here.

A while later

I found out, from reading Born to Run, that Nelson Mandela, who had run cross-country in high school, ran SEVEN MILES A DAY IN HIS PRISON CELL.

Way to steal my thunder, guys.
Seriously, my thunder/lightening/rain excuse seems, well, pathetic.

I wish I could say, after stumbling upon these stories that
I wiped the Cheeto residue off my face, tore myself off the couch, sped to the local Y and ran 4 magical miles, but, alas, I left my car in the garage, my rear on the couch, the cheese dust on my face, and the guilt in my heart.

Rain* or shine, tomorrow, I will be running.

*Drizzle, light sprinkle, over 55 degrees

No comments:

Post a Comment