Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I'M BACKKK

I survived the Rhinovirus. (I thought it was Rhino Virus, but I just checked Wiki and this is not the case). I was diagnosed by my mother, a self-proclaimed MD. It sounds horrific, and at times I was horrified with the amount of mucus I spit up (tmi?), but it mostly entailed congestion and fatigue. With a name like the Rhinovirus, you think there'd be more umph to the illness.

A visual of the Rhinovirus. Scarrry.
A stuffed animal Rhinovirus. Weirrrrd.
Who wants a fuzzy stuffed common cold?
When you can get a stuffed Staph Infection or Toxic Mold!?
Guess what my family is getting for Christmas this year!

Today, I jumped back into my training and ran 4 miles.
It was not the best 4 miles, and my pace will be withheld for my own dignity. But, I did it.

Music can make or break a run (for me). I read this article where a runner was like- I like to run unplugged and fully immerse myself in the experience... uhh I go to great lengths to block out my burning calves and the stinging sweat in my eyes, but I respect his process... I feel like it's similar to women who elect to have natural births, I respect that too, but bring on the epidural, doc.

Anyways, I made a new running playlist because the first playlist had some random songs that I don't remember selecting (Example: "Baby Baby" by Amy Grant that always comes on well I'm running uphill, exhausted, hopeless and in need of Jay-Z!) I was extremely excited about this very selective playlist and started off my run today psyched to hear each new song. About 1.5 miles in, A Ke$ha song ("We R Who We R") ended and the Ting Tings ("Great DJ") came on. That doesn't sound bad. But, the thing is, I had heard "Great DJ" earlier today... around 15 minutes earlier. I had made my playlist so selective that I could only listen to it for 1.5 miles, awesome job Sterl. So, I reluctantly changed back to the old running playlist and continued on, praying Amy's way too perky voice wouldn't float through my earphones.

I'm off to make my selective playlist a little more inclusive.
Adios amigos

3 comments:

  1. can i put in a fuzzy illness request? such fabulous stocking stuffers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want the bright blue wiggly one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want the blue one with big eyes that is dripping something. but i will get you the spider with the long neck and big purple head. soooo i'll be home in a weeek.. see you then??! xxoxoxoooo

    ReplyDelete