Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's been a while amigos

Only 14 Days... 7 Hours... and 27 Minutes until the race. Oh snap. I can't decide whether this "Oh snap" should be said in a voice of extreme excitement or extreme anxiety. So, read it with both intonations.

I'm running 9 miles tomorrow, and I'm trying to tell myself it's no big deal. Because it's not. Right? Right?! I read somewhere that running is 95% mental. I'm making that statistic up, but I heard 85% of statistics are... I'm making that one up too. See, I'm one of the 85%! Anyways, back to the mental running game. I've decided that if I keep telling myself 9 miles is chump change, my body will react accordingly.

I've also decided to compile a list of things to think about during my short, easy, care-free jog tomorrow... feel free to leave suggestions-

1. What I'm going to get family members for Christmas. Believe me, thinking of something for my father could possibly take up the entire 9 miles.

2. What would happen if I got a letter via owl saying that I was living with an uncle and aunt and my actual parents were wizards who were killed by He Who Must Not Be Named and instead of college I'm invited to go to a Hogwarts collegiate affiliate next fall. I'm sure this could take up an hour and a half of thinking- a similar tale took J.K. Rowling 7 novels and 8 movies to wrap up. (I'm going to see the 7th installment tomorrow afternoon. woot.)

3. What it would be like to swim in a pool of Kool Aid. I always think about this every time I get thirsty while running. I remember the first time I thought about this was in second grade while running around my school's track. I think I had just seen the movie "Patch Adams" where the old lady swims in the baby pool of pasta...

4. Whether I should be on Team Aniston or Jolie? Team Edward or Jacob? Team Pattinson or Lautner? Team Taylor or Kanye? Team John Mayer or every girl he's ever dated? Team Mark Zuckerburg or team twins who think he coped their idea? Team Zuckerburg or team his best friend who said Zuck screwed him over? Team Facebook or Myspace... i joke.

5. I've run out of ideas. So holla because I'll probably just get my dad a gift card and call it good. People think gift cards are impersonal, but I beg to differ- I think they are very personal- they allow you to go out and personally purchase something you like. Thinking about swimming in kool aid takes 2.5 seconds and I'm already pretty set on what team I'd be on (Jolie, Edward, Pattinson, Taylor, John Mayer, Zuck, Zuck, Zuck)

Later skaterz

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with all over your choices. Well done sees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few suggestions...

    1. If God created everything, who created God? And where did He get His materials?

    2. How does mail get from place to place so quickly? (Or slowly, when it comes to the package I sent you.) I mean, I know it involves planes and trucks, but how did Zappos get my shoes to me in ONE day this summer?!

    3. When you see video of the stock exchange floor, there is mass chaos and people are yelling "buy" and "sell". Tell me, to whom are they speaking? They're all looking in the same direction. Is there an equal # of guys up there reading the lips of their designated traders?

    4. How does wireless technology work? Why can't we see the information floating through the air? What if there's eventually SO MUCH information that we clog the sky?

    5. What happens when we die?

    And don't stop running until you have my answers!

    (Perhaps you can see why I need major meds to sleep. Why do apples bruise? How do geese communicate their flight plans and who decides who gets to be the angle of the ^ formation?)

    ReplyDelete